|—||holy shit do you know what year it is (via fuckyeahtherealkiki)|
Will those stellar free-speech advocates on the right stand up for Dr. Misee Harris, or will they remain silent?
Dr. Misee Harris, who also was the Black Bachelorette, just found herself in an impossible situation after posting support for Ferguson and Mike Brown’s family on her private Facebook page. Dr. Harris was given a choice to resign or shut up. Here’s the story:
Battle Royale (2000, dir. Kinji Fukasaku)
Facebook should read up on its queer history: You never want to mess with drag queens.
Claiming the use of legal names will “keep our community safe,” Facebook has begun shutting down the profiles of individuals who do not to use their “real” or legal names when creating and logging into their accounts. The new requirement is drawing the ire of many in the LGBT community who argue it is a policing tactic that could be harmful to both artistic and queer communities.
I like how this is focused on Drag Queens instead of trans women, women who are leaving abusive relationships, closeted non-het/non-cis people, you know people who legit might die cause of bullshit like this.
You remember the trans women who works for facebook? The one who made the new gender options? Yeah right now shes fighting this, for us. Shes fighting her own employer to make things right. I just thought you should know.
What trans woman who works at fb?!
Her name is Brielle Harrison. Shes been responsible for the terf pages getting banned and has been a huge help in getting facebook to change policy.
So what you’re saying is that once again drag performers are putting on a show while a trans woman gets things done.
- FBI confirms it hasn’t finished its investigation of the murder of Mike Brown
- Why Darren Wilson probably won’t go to jail
- Tired of all the talk about Ferguson?
- Melissa Harris Perry’s stunning tribute to unarmed black men gunned down by police
- Former STL Co. Police Chief explains challenge of hiring black officers
- 5 disturbing stats on black-white financial inequality
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Ferguson: An American Apartheid
- In Ferguson, a stack of warrants (video)
- Every 28 hours: 2012 annual report on the extrajudicial killings of 313 black people by police, security guards, and vigilantes (pdf)
- Survey exposes sharp racial divide. Survey results (pdf)
- When white friends don’t believe what blacks go through, they’re not friends
- What’s happening today: STL. Co. Council Meeting at 6 pm
here come the warm jets - brian eno
ARE THESE SKELETONS HOMO GAYS???? I DO NOT SEE A BONE TITTY I AM UNCOMFOTRABLE